Tour from Delhi: Taj Mahal Tour by Train
Taj Mahal Tour by Train Highlights
- Visit the Taj Mahal, one of the Seven Wonders of the World
- Explore Agra Fort and Sikandra
- Visit Fatehpur Sikri, a deserted red sandstone city
- Admire the scenery as you travel by train between Delhi and Agra
- Explore the local handicraft market in Agra
- Enjoy a tonga ride in Agra
What You Can Expect – Taj Mahal Tour by Train
Early in the morning, depart from Delhi and enjoy the journey in the fast, air-conditioned Shatabdi train to Agra. Agra is most famous for the Taj Mahal, one of the Seven Wonders of the World. Breakfast is served on board the train and you arrive at Agra Cantonment railway station at 8:10, where the representative will pick you up and drive you straight to the Taj Mahal.
The Taj Mahal is an essential sight for all visitors to India and one of the most beautiful architectural achievements in the world, considered to be a symbol of enduring love. Shrouded in white marble, the sheer elegance, purity, and sentiment that are an integral part of the monument have touched the hearts of people from all corners of the world.
The site was built by Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan in loving memory of his beloved wife Mumtaz Mahal. Built in pure white marble, the Taj Mahal is located along the banks of the River Yamuna and spreads across almost 42 acres of land. It is believed that this particular spot was chosen by the emperor because of its peaceful and soothing effect.
After lunch you visit Agra Fort, which was constructed by Emperor Akbar in 1565 and includes many other buildings like the Moti Masjid and Musanman Burj. Afterwards you’ll be taken to Fatehpur Sikri, the deserted red sandstone city built by the Mughal Emperor Akbar. After visiting Fatehpur Sikri you return to Agra city and are taken to the local market to explore Agra’s rich heritage of handicraft. Finally you’ll be transferred to the railway station to board the train back to Delhi, with dinner served on board.
Taj Mahal Tour by Train – What’s Included
- Transfers in Delhi
- Train journey from New Delhi to Agra with breakfast served on board
- Train journey from Agra to New Delhi with dinner served on board
- 1-day sightseeing tour in Agra with an English-speaking driver
- English-speaking guide at the Taj Mahal
Taj Mahal Tour by Train – What’s Not Included
- Entrance tickets to the monuments