2-Day Trip from New Delhi : Taj Mahal Moonlight Tour
Spend two days sightseeing in Agra, exploring ancient palaces and mosques, and witness the stunning phenomenon of the Taj Mahal glowing in the moonlight. See the glory of the Mughal Empire’s stunning architecture and sample delicious traditional foods.
Taj Mahal Moonlight Tour Highlights
- Explore the Kingdom of Mughals on the banks of the Yamuna River
- See the Akbar Mausoleum at Sikandra
- Explore Agra Fort and the Pearl Mosque
- Witness the white-marbled Taj Mahal glowing in the moonlight
What You Can Expect
Enjoy two days in the kingdom of Agra, where you will explore the magnificent ancient structures, mosques, and Mughal-era architecture that makes Agra a popular tourist destination. During the day, you will explore Sikandra and the Pearl Mosque at Agra Fort, get to shop the craft stalls and jewelers at Meena Bazaar, and wander the imperial palaces and tombs of Fatehpur Sikri. At night, marvel at the spectacular sight of the white marbled Taj Mahal glowing in the moonlight.
Day 1: Agra and Taj Mahal
Spend the morning at the Kingdom of Mughals on the banks of the Yamuna River, and admire the ancient structures that still stand today. Afterward, enjoy Sikandra, one of the best preserved monuments in India – known for the Akbar Mausoleum and ornamental arches, pillars, and paintings.
Next you will explore Agra Fort, a stunning piece of Mughal architecture building with red sandstone and white marble. Ponder the Pearl Mosque and other exquisite chambers and palaces.
Spend the evening shopping at Meena Bazaar for quality crafts and gems before visiting the grand Taj Mahal in the moonlight around 20:00.
Day 2: Fatehpur Sikri
Spend the morning in Fatehpur Sikri, a beautifully preserved red sandstone town built to honor Saint Sheikh Salim Chisti. Wander the imperial palaces, castles, tombs, and chambers, marveling at the Mughal architecture, artistry, and craftsmanship. Afterward, you will be transported to New Delhi.
Taj Mahal Moonlight Tour package Includes
- Sightseeing and excursions on the itinerary, with the service of an English-speaking tour guide
- Complimentary lunch and dinner in a good hotel and restaurant (alcohol not included)
- Monuments fee (including Taj Moonlight ticket)
- Refreshments during the trip
- Transportation in an air-conditioned vehicle
- Mineral water
- All applicable taxes and service charges.
Taj Mahal Moonlight Tour package Excludes
- Any air and train fares
- Medical insurance
- Any expenses arising out of unforeseen circumstances like flight delay/cancellation/hike in fare, strike or any other natural calamities
- Personal expenses
- Camera fee at monuments